Monday, April 27, 2009

Six weeks to go ...

no running, no jumping ...

So it's been two weeks since Pinky broke her leg, and I'm already starting to look forward to the end of crate/leash confinement. Must keep reminding myself not to rush anything. The photo above is Pinky doing one thing she's allowed: rolling in the grass (on leash, of course!)

She loves spending time outdoors, so I set up an X-pen in the yard where she can hang out while I'm doing yard work. I wish I had some sort of mobile pen, because my yard is very large and she gets upset when I'm all the way across the yard and she's stuck in the pen.

Yesterday I did a bit of shaping with her and made some progress towards "play dead." I figure that's a great thing to teach an injured dog! I'm also going to try Elayne's idea of teaching her the names of her toys, but first I have to come up with some names ... right now most of them are just called "toy!" She knows "ball" already, so I think I'll start by differentiating between "ball" and "tug." Then of course there's the problem of what to call the tug-ball, i.e. the ball-on-a-rope. Maybe I'll just name it "Bob" ...

1 comment:

Diana said...

Im glad she is starting to feel better. My dogs always try to climb or jump out of x-pens. They can be crazy. Here to your 6 weeks passing quickly . Diana