Monday, September 08, 2008

Who's a good girl?

Yep, Lucy is a good girl! Yesterday she became ADCH Lucy! I got lucky, because I thought the Master's Gamble was really easy for us (although maybe I wouldn't have thought so a couple of years ago when we first got into Masters). I guess I should say that it was exactly the kind of thing we have practiced, which is what made it easy for us. It was out to a jump and then farther to another jump, followed by a 180 over another jump back to me and ending out to another jump that was only a few feet from the line. Some dogs had a hard time turning back in to the handler because they had already locked onto the last jump as they were going over the second one; others turned into the handler but didn't make the 180 jump, and a few didn't go out to the last jump. But good little Lucy executed it beautifully. In addition to being an ADCH run, it was also the first time we ever got two Gamblers Qs in one weekend. Our norm has been to get none.

Unfortunately, upon watching the video I realized that my last verbal to Lucy was "C'mere, out!" Poor Lucy. What the hell kind of instruction is "C'mere, out"? She puts up with so much from her stupid handler! What a good dog. Anyway, you can see it yourself, even though the zoom is a bit close to really see the layout of the gamble:


Lucy USDAA Gamble for the ADCH 09/07/08 from bunchofpants on Vimeo.

We also Q'd in our Standard run yesterday, the only other event I entered. And I got to run Derrell Stover's border collie L'il J, although I didn't do a very good job of it.

So now I guess I'll move Lucy into Performance and jump her at 12". She has no problems with the 16" jump height, but she's not getting any younger.

13 comments:

Steve said...

Woooo Hoooo! Congratulations!

Earning your ADCH is a big accomplishment and you did it in style. I hope you celebrated! And I hope Lucy got to celebrate too!

Diana said...

Congradulations!!!!!! Diana

Elayne said...

Congrats on your ADCH! I say you reward Lucy with a nice juicy rat.

Lisa B. said...

Yum! She would love that!

cedarfield said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Elf said...

WoooooooHOOOOOOO! Was my first reaction, too! What a great "out" that little gal has! Well-earned. Congratulations.

-ellen

Lisa B. said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm mighty proud of her! I still remember way back when I thought I'd never even make it into Masters, much less get a MAD or an ADCH. Of course, if given a better handler Lucy probably would have gotten an ADCH long ago, but I'm learning.

team small dog said...

Congratulations! I am right there behind you in the Just Need Those Gambler's Q's Club so you are my inspiration!

Lisa B. said...

Go Team Small Dog!

Quincy's mom said...

Congratulations! Wonderful job. ADCH Lucy sounds pretty darn swell!

--Lisa S. said...

You go, girl! (You too, Lisa.)

--Lisa S.

LucyandWalter said...

Hey hey, that is Fantastic! Congratulations to you and Lucy this excellent achievement.

Johann The Dog said...

I am soooo late to the party! Read from my phone, but couldn't comment!

Big, big, big, big congrats to you and Lucy!!! That was a very nice gamble!