Thursday, November 08, 2007

Uh oh ... I'm going to be one of those people who puts a sweater on her dog ...

I have a coat for Lucy but she hates it. I've only made her wear it when it's really cold, and only because I can't stand to watch her shiver. She'd rather shiver, I think.

But it looks like Pinky Laverne is going to be a short-haired dog, and if I ever want her to wear a coat I should get her accustomed to it now. I'll have a great opportunity on Saturday because she'll be spending the day at a NADAC trial with Lucy and I and I think it's going to be really chilly, at least in the morning.

Still, I hate to go out and buy her a little coat when she will just outgrow it very quickly, so I think I'll see if this tip from the Make blog works: How to make a dog sweater from a sock. Pinky weighed in at a whopping 7.3 lbs. Tuesday (she's about 10 weeks now), so I may have to steal a big sock from Mark to make sure it fits. I'll post the results here, of course!

No comments: