Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Busted Blogger thinks I'm a spammer

I've been wanting to update my links over on the sidebar to include some dog and agility blogs that I've added to my reading lists lately, but Blogger is apparently busted and won't allow me to make changes to the template. I notified them, and they said thanks for bringing it to our attention, we'll work on it. Honestly, what's to work on? My other Blogger blog is working just fine ... why not this one?

Meanwhile, Blogger also thinks this blog is a "spam" blog and is making me use word verification on each post. Since that started, I'm unable to save draft posts--I can either publish what I'm working on or lose it when I close my browser--no saving drafts for me. My other blog hasn't been marked as "spam," however, so I don't know what Blogger's stupid problem is.

I try very hard not to use salty language in this blog--I save the swearing like a sailor for my other blog. But honestly, Blogger is making me really &%#@*!% angry right now. maybe I should follow the advice of many others and decamp for another blog host ... even if it costs a little money. After almost four years with Blogger I think maybe I'm sick of their constant ups and downs.

3 comments:

Cedarfield said...

Yeah! Come on over to LiveJournal--I haven't had any problems in 2 years of using it and I've only been a paying customer for 1 year.

Lisa B. said...

I always feel a little disoriented over at Live Journal ... like the structure doesn't immediately make sense to me or something. I was thinking of looking into WordPress first, and maybe moving all this stuff to my own server space ...

The problem is that making a switch takes a little work, and I alternate between being too busy and too lazy lately ...

Johann The Dog said...

How frustrating - hope it doesn't hit me! Wishing you luck....