Thursday, July 13, 2006

Farewell to an incredible dog

Mr. Peabody, the dog that introduced Lucy and me to flyball*, has died. I haven't seen him in person (or is that "in dog?") for six years, but I still feel like I'm going to miss him because I've been keeping up with him in blogdom. He really was an exceptional dog.

*I know it's not entirely correct to say that Mr. Peabody introduced us to flyball--it was his mom, Nancy. She saw us playing fetch at Montrose Beach in Chicago, and she came up and asked if I'd ever heard of flyball. She invited me to the practices of Black Sheep Squadron, where she, Steve Schwarz and the other team members patiently coached us in the ways of this funny little sport. We only ran two tournaments with the team before moving to North Carolina and joining DogGoneFast.

No comments: