Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bad Owner!

What do you do when your dog chews up your brand-new Nintendo DS Lite? Take a rolled up newspaper, hit yourself over the head and say "Why did I leave my expensive toy where the dog could reach it?"

Fortunately for this guy, Nintendo agreed to repair the unit for only $50. but beyond the cost of the toy, he's lucky his dog didn't swallow any of it. Bits of ingested Nintendo DS Lite (or remote control, shoe, barbie doll, etc.) can wreak dangerous havoc with a dog's insides. So remember to pup-proof your home and confine your dog to a safe area while you're away. (Thanks to Consumerist for the link and Jacobian.org for the lesson.)

4 comments:

r4kk4 said...

you know, i shoulda' thought of the dog angle when i wrote this up for aeropause. it woulda' made it more interesting! :D!

Lisa B. said...

I didn't even see the Aeropause post ... Um, sorry but I don't read Aeropause every day (and when I do I just skim it looking for your posts!) But I shoulda figured you would have jumped on this one bacause of the Nintendo angle!

Seth said...

Speaking of the DS, have you played with Nintendogs at all? It's awesome especially for those of us poor pathetic soles who live in apartments that can't get dogs. Okay so you can't feel your dog's fur, but you can walk them, feed them, water them, train them to play frisbee or run an agility course, etc. It's awesome.

Lisa B. said...

Can you really train one to run agility? I think a Nintendog would be fun but I haven't played with one ... I'm spending all my time and money on the real dogs! Sometimes I wish I could pop Mr. Gomez's batteries out for an hour or two of peace and quiet!