Wednesday, May 31, 2006

There always has to be a first post ...

...and it usually says something like "Hi, this is my new blog that I'm going to fill with bloggy goodness and stuff."

In this case the bloggy goodness will be about dogs, dog training, dog sports (agility and flyball) and the like.

I suppose I should add some sort of "About me" section, but those things are ususally really boring to me when I find them in other people's blogs, so I'm not sure I'll bother. But in case anyone's itching to know and I don't ever get around to it, here are some vitals: I have two dogs, I compete in flyball with one of them and agility with both, and I teach puppy classes and flyball classes at a local dog training facility. I have a lot of thoughts musings and opinions about dogs and dog training, and I'm slways trying to sort through all the information and "expertise" out there.

I've got two dogs: Mr. Gomez, a border collie mix, and Lucy, a rat terrier/Australian Cattle Dog mix.

1 comment:

Dogex99 said...

Excellent blog and thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts here. I also love dogs and I decided to put together a website dedicated to dog training. However, I am actually trying to offer both some general tips for training your dog and some breed-specific training techniques. I believe each dog breed is slightly different and thus requires an adaptation of the standard dog training methods, to suit the breed’s behavioral patterns and genetic predispositions.

This is why I believe there is quite a bit of difference between Teddy Roosevelt Terrier training and Utonagan dog training. Or between Xoloitzcuintle training and Wetterhoun training. Each breed has its own distinct personality, and an independent breed like the husky will be different when it comes to obedience training than a bulldog or a ridgeback.

There are hundreds of dog breeds I wish to cover and I am only half way through, but I hope to turn my site in the best dog training resource on the Internet quite soon.

An excellent day to everyone reading this!

Michael R.
Webmaster – expert dog training advice at www.expert-dog-training.com